Sunday, April 1, 2012

Don't forget about your roots.


First of all, I want to apologize for not getting any content out sooner. I am now doing a lot more writing for clients and for business purposes and quite frankly, my personal blog has suffered. Thus, today's topic...






When we first get into a job, we really don't know what it is about the job that we enjoy.

When our job transitions into a career, that's when the light goes on. That's when the A-HA moment happens.

I draw the comparison to when you first enter college. You take general studies courses because you have to...not because you want to. If you are lucky and hit on your calling with your major, you really start to produce takeaways that stay with you your whole life.

The problem with our business side of our lives though is that we lose the things that we really enjoyed doing because of the all of the other things we have to do. Want to v. have to.

For me, it's writing.

So...here I am doing a lot more writing but not for myself...and that's wrong. If I follow this pattern where I no longer do something personally that I enjoy, the translated skills to the professional level will no longer bear the fruits it once did.

Lesson learned.

Thought I would just plant that seed today...


No comments:

Post a Comment