Sunday, April 19, 2020

Two Elvis Moods and The Cocktail of Your Choice



Love me some Elvis!

Both Costello and Presley.

The Itunes shuffle struck gold this week with back to back Elvis. "Alison" and "Little Less Conversation."

Alison, I know this world is killing you.
Oh, Alison, my aim is true.

Baby, close your eyes and listen to the music
Drifting through a summer breeze
It's a groovy night and I can show you how to use it
Come along with me and put your mind at ease


Both struck a chord with me. Both artists made me feel something different.



I started pulling up more songs from both.

Costello was thought inspiring. Made me think. Memory filled. Presley was thoughtful. Made me forget. Present tense.

Costello is a storyteller. Presley is the story. Costello is about the lyrics. Presley is about the music.


Costello is a dark dive bar on a Friday night. Presley is a bright dance hall on a Saturday night.
Costello is beer and whiskey shots. Presley is wine and martinis.


Same first name. Same art. Different spirits, for sure.

Long live Elvis!

No comments:

Post a Comment