Friday, June 24, 2011

You got a problem?




Are you unhappy at work?

If so...you need to ask yourself one question...





Are you unhappy/uncertain about your company's/boss's strategy or philosophy?

If you have problems regarding the strategy...that's a good thing. Challenge it all you want. That's what a good employee should do. A good boss should welcome it.

If you have issues with the philosophy...then you have a problem. Philosophy runs much deeper than strategy. Philosophy points back to a core belief system and if there is a disconnect there...it will probably never get to a point where you are going to be happy or successful

Case in point...

I was recruited for a position with another company about ten years ago and I was pretty sure I was going to take it when I was asked one question; As a manager...do you manage people or do you manage the business? I said you manage people...the business will follow. The CEO responded...no...you mangage the business...people are interchangable. I knew right there...that company was not for me.

So ask yourself...am I unhappy with the strategy or the philosophy. The answer will tell you what you need to do next.

If it's not the strategy...or the philosophy...maybe it's you.

No comments:

Post a Comment