Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This is no average joe....




Ok...first of all...I have to admit...I have been horrible in getting out some new blogs. I really enjoy writing so I don't know why I haven't bared my soul recently but...oh well...here I am again (I will come back to this point).

Recently, I noticed the new Starbucks' TV ads. I did not like them. I am being too kind when I say that. I found them downright embarrassing and condescending. I am paraphrasing but they started talking about the fact that Starbucks is more about just the coffee and that it is some type of life ritual and shared experience we all need in our day to day lives. I YELLED AT THE TV...IT'S JUST COFFEE. Well...

At the beginning of this post, I started talking about why I haven't created anything new on this wall recently. I woke up early this morning and I was bound and determined to start typing something again...I didn't have a topic in mind but I was going to write something. I looked at some of my more recent (but still old) posts and I realized I promised one on friends. I literally stared at the computer for ten minutes trying to find a creative burst. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. So I decided to go get a cup of coffee. I got one and sat back down and whether it was the ethereal effect of the coffee aroma or the quick jolt of caffeine...I was suddenly stimulated to write. It wasn't my best work but I got something out...

Not sure but I think this coffee thing may be here to stay. Maybe Starbucks is on to something with this "more than coffee" thing or maybe it is just the caffeine. Either way...I am hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment