Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Hit The Trees

 


Let me introduce my youngest son, Charlie. 

He is an amazing kid and has taught me so much about life. 

"Hit the trees." 

One rainy day long ago, Charlie and I took a walk downtown after dinner and we happened to wander under a tree that was full of rain-drenched leaves from top to bottom.  

Charlie decided it would be fun to jump as high as he could and hit the soaked leaves so they would rain down upon us.  

He did so and yes, the rain dumped on both our heads.

Charlie looked at me and for a moment was wondering if I was mad.  I laughed out loud and Charlie did as well. He said to me, "you laughed...I thought you might be upset because others probably would've been," and I told him why would I be upset at something so fun.  

From that day on, if Charlie or I were sad or down, we would remind each other to "hit the trees." 

Spontaneous laughter.  

Silliness.  

Fun.  

Living life in the moment. 

Don't take things too seriously. 

That's what life is all about.  

Doesn't matter how tall you are, you will always be able to hit at least one wet leaf. 

And...leave the umbrella at home.  





No comments:

Post a Comment