Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Flashpoint In Real Life



Transitions. Changeovers.

Passages. Alterations.

They happen all of the time in life.




Most of the time we aren't even aware or cognizant of them.

When you become aware in the moment, it's a powerful thing.

Last night, it happened to me. At a business event with both the past and future present. Past co-workers, teammates, people I trained, mentors. People with whom I commiserated the losses and celebrated the wins. Some will stay in my life. Some won't. I started there.

Then...onto the future. New co-workers, new teammates, new people I will train. Wins, losses, toasts, hugs and handshakes. Maybe even a shoulder. All new.

For a moment, I was frozen between the two. Then it was time to move forward.

When you are conscious and in the moment and realize the transition point, you are able to remove yourself from the scene. You process the feelings and emotions of the people in your life; both past and future. You become aware of your hindsight and your foresight all at once. The past experience becomes the training ground for the future.

It's a cool moment because you are in the moment.

I am a huge superhero geek so I will draw the analogy. It's like when Flash travels back in time and sees another version of himself. He sees who he was and connects the dots to who he is.

And...scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment