Saturday, September 23, 2017

On Your Mark...



When did it happen?

How did it happen?

It happened so fast.



It's that moment in life where you realize you no longer are considered young.

Don't get me wrong...this isn't going to be some mopey, lick my wounds, feeling sorry for myself kind of rant as I approach AARP status. I know all about being young at heart. I really am just curious.

You go through life and you take over a position on the football team. You replace a retired co-worker. You are on the hike up.

Then one day, you are now on the other side of the teeter totter.

"I'm in the autumn of the year."

Some look at it as the proverbial "passing of the torch." One flame expires while another replaces it. I tend to see it more as a relay race; a passing of the baton. Yes, you hand off and your portion of the race is done but without you there is no race in the first place.

You don't realize it when it happens. It just does.

It's one leg in the race of life.

Gotta run.





No comments:

Post a Comment