Monday, October 13, 2014

Back In The Saddle

January? 

That's over 10 months ago. Really??

That's the last time I sharpened the pencil (figuratively of course) and put my thoughts on virtual paper. 

That's way too long. 

Time to get back in the saddle again.

Some history...

I started my blog back in 2010 for personal reasons. There are two main "distractions" in my life that keep me centered. Working out and writing. I have kept up with the workouts (for the most part) but the writing has taken a back seat to other things (some good/some not).  It happens.  I could list the litany of excuses but that's all they are...excuses. 

It's ironic because my last post was about New Year's resolutions. I talked about setting goals for yourself, etc.  Practice what I preach much?  Apparently not.  

So even though this isn't a deep dive into my heart, mind and soul...it's a start. The first step is always the hardest.  

I will leave you (for now) with a thought...

In life, there are X amount of things that make us happy and X amount of things that don't. I would strongly suggest you don't let the former go because if you do for too long...you will be a shadow of your former self. True story. 

Ah....nothing like a little writer's cramp to get the kinks out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment