Sunday, December 18, 2011

Your steps





Writer's note: Today...my "little girl" graduates from college. This post is dedicated to her.



I remember the first steps you took when you were just a babe.
Exploring. You were alive. They were tiny steps but you went so far.
So careful, so trusting, so new.


I remember the first steps you took when you chose to run.
You had a goal, a dream to chase. They were bigger steps, but not large.
So focused, so determined, so you.

I remember the first steps you took when you danced to a song..
They were synchronized steps, but not planned.
So delicate, so beautiful, so blue.

I remember the first steps you took when you started to learn.
Yearning. Growing. Knowing. They were scary steps, but good.
So brave, so noble, so do.

I remember the first steps you took in the fields of play.
Not winning, not a care.. They were awkward steps, but forward.
So striving, so reaching, so few.

Today, you reach and take another step. There will be more. I promise.
Some good, bad. Some small, not all.
Some with promise and some nay. Some to move to and some fro.
But, the one thing to count on,
I will take these steps too as I have for all of the past.
To catch the tears and share the laughs.
To open your doors and to close your wounds.
I will be there too.

With every step,
I look back and forward and can’t help but smile with pride.

Every step you wish can be yours.
I am so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment