Saturday, December 31, 2022

Max


 A reason, season, or lifetime. 

That's the old axiom about people who come into your life. 

Some come in for a reason.  Some for a season.  And, some last a lifetime. 

For me, Max (far left) was a reason.  I am sure it would've been a lifetime but Max's life ended way too soon. 

Max and I met via radio.  He was an on-air personality at the local country station and I was starting a sports station. 

Max needed a change from being "talent" so he transitioned over to the sports station with me. 

We became partners in crime. 

He passed away of cancer at the age of 41. 

For several reasons, I think of him often.

  • His three rules of life... 
    •     There's not enough free food in the world. 
    •     People suck. 
    •     Everything comes in threes. 
  • His drink of choice...
    •     Rolling Rock with three olives. 

But most importantly, it was the lesson I learned when I last visited him in the hospital mere days before he passed. He stared out the window and without spoken words, I felt what he was feeling.  

I won't dive into it because that's between me and Max, but to summarize...

Life is short so enjoy it to the fullest and for F--k's sake, don't ever settle for less. 

"I'll take a Rolling Rock...

...with three olives please." 

Cheers. 






No comments:

Post a Comment