Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Alone Again...Naturally

 

Today, I am not going to wax poetic about Gilbert O'Sullivan's iconic tune (although, I could write for days why the Michael Buble/Diana Krall version is much better). I am, instead going to go in a more soulful direction. 

Robin Williams once said, "I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone." 

I truly believe this. 

Being alone with yourself can be cathartic. It gives you time to reflect. To think. To ponder. To wonder. It settles the mind and slows your heartbeat.  Yes, you could also over-reflect or overthink when you are left to yourself but I truly believe it's needed time. 

Being with someone who makes you feel alone is a totally different undertaking. It feeds the beast that is your doubt. It spoils your lizard brain. It second-guesses. It hurts. 

If you are with someone who brings this ingredient into your life stew, move on.  

Life is too short to be with another, but alone again...

...naturally. 









No comments:

Post a Comment